Michael C. Ruess, Veterans Service Officer
Phone: (931) 685-4838
Fax: (931) 685-4846
The office is normally located in the Bedford County Courthouse basement; A wheelchair ramp is accessible from the southeast corner of the courthouse.
NOTICE: Office will be close from 7/1-7/7/22
If an emergency, please call the Mayor's Office at 931-684-944
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
Bedford County has expanded service to assist veterans with their needs and concerns. Pam Roberson is the Veterans Services Office Administrator, appointed by the County Mayor.
Some of the things the Veterans Services Office staff can assist with include the following services:
- Veteran IDs
- Caregiver Information
- DD-214 Access Registration
- Certificate of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Disability Compensation - Special Needs
- Applications for Financial Assistance for Needy Vets
- Local Organization Information for Caregivers
- Veterans Job opportunities – Local and Nationwide
- Schedule transportation to VA Medical Center Appointments
- Gravestone Markers – Military Funerals - Burial in VA Cemeteries
- GI Bill Information for Schooling – College – Vocational Training
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Post 9-11 Transfer of Benefits to Dependents
Veterans Pavers: Pavers honor veterans and supported the construction and maintenance of Bedford County Veterans Memorial Plaza, on the south lawn of the courthouse. Click on the link for a map of the existing pavers.