Veterans Service OfficerBedford County has expanded service to assist veterans with their needs and concerns. Pam Roberson is the Veterans Services Office Administrator, appointed by the County Mayor.
Some of the things the Veterans Services Office staff can assist with include the following services:
- Veteran IDs
- Caregiver Information
- DD-214 Access Registration
- Certificate of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Disability Compensation - Special Needs
- Applications for Financial Assistance for Needy Vets
- Local Organization Information for Caregivers
- Veterans Job opportunities – Local and Nationwide
- Schedule transportation to VA Medical Center Appointments
- Gravestone Markers – Military Funerals - Burial in VA Cemeteries
- GI Bill Information for Schooling – College – Vocational Training
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Post 9-11 Transfer of Benefits to Dependents
The Veterans Services Office is a drop off / collection point for the U.S. Marine Corps TOYS FOR TOTS Program
Fallen Vetarans Name Pavers: Pavers honor fallen veterans and supported the construction and maintenance of Bedford County Veterans Memorial Plaza, on the south lawn of the courthouse. Click on the link for a map of the existing pavers.
Contact us:The Veterans Service Office is located in the basement of Bedford County Courthouse. A wheelchair ramp is accessible from the southeast corner of the courthouse. The phone number is (931) 685-4838 and the fax number is (931) 685-4846.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m