Bedford County has expanded service to assist veterans with their needs and concerns. Pam Roberson is the Veterans Services Office Administrator, appointed by the County Mayor.
The Wall That Heals, a traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, will be in Barfield Crescent Park, 697 Veterans Parkway in Murfreesboro, Nov. 11-14. Volunteers are needed to assist with the event. Go to https://twthmidtn.org/?page_id=233 for more information about how individuals (or groups) can sign up to assist this worthwhile event.
Veterans Service Officer
Some of the things the Veterans Services Office staff can assist with include the following services:
- Veteran IDs
- Caregiver Information
- DD-214 Access Registration
- Certificate of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Disability Compensation - Special Needs
- Applications for Financial Assistance for Needy Vets
- Local Organization Information for Caregivers
- Veterans Job opportunities – Local and Nationwide
- Schedule transportation to VA Medical Center Appointments
- Gravestone Markers – Military Funerals - Burial in VA Cemeteries
- GI Bill Information for Schooling – College – Vocational Training
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Post 9-11 Transfer of Benefits to Dependents
Veterans Pavers: Pavers honor veterans and supported the construction and maintenance of Bedford County Veterans Memorial Plaza, on the south lawn of the courthouse. Click on the link for a map of the existing pavers.
Contact us:The Veterans Service Office is located in the basement of Bedford County Courthouse. A wheelchair ramp is accessible from the southeast corner of the courthouse. The phone number is (931) 685-4838 and the fax number is (931) 685-4846.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m