Phone: (931) 685-4838
Michael C. Ruess, Director, Bedford County Veterans Service
Benjamin Eley, Veterans Service Officer
Fax: (931) 685-4846
The office is located in the Bedford County Courthouse basement; A wheelchair ramp is accessible from the southeast corner of the courthouse.
Hours are Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Appointments are strongly preferred, by calling (931) 685-4838.
Bedford County has expanded service to assist veterans with their needs and concerns. Mike Ruess is the director, appointed by the County Mayor.Some of the things the Veterans Services Office staff can assist with:
- Veteran IDs
- Caregiver Information
- DD-214 Access Registration
- Certificate of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Disability Compensation - Special Needs
- Applications for Financial Assistance for Needy Vets
- Local Organization Information for Caregivers
- Veterans Job opportunities – Local and Nationwide
- Schedule transportation to VA Medical Center Appointments
- Gravestone Markers – Military Funerals - Burial in VA Cemeteries
- GI Bill Information for Schooling – College – Vocational Training
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Post 9-11 Transfer of Benefits to Dependents
Veterans Pavers: Pavers honor veterans and supported the construction and maintenance of Bedford County Veterans Memorial Plaza, on the south lawn of the courthouse. Click on the link for a map of the existing pavers.
Make The Connection: This website, run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, connects Veterans, their families and friends, and other supporters to mental health information and hundreds of videos of Veterans sharing their inspiring stories of recovery. The site is free to use and accessible to everyone.