Mark Clanton – Road Superintendent
328 Dover Street
Shelbyville, TN 37160
Key Department Personnel:
- Diane Forbes – Assistant Superintendent / Office Manager
- Tim Boyce – Highway Foreman
- Vanessa George – Secretary
The Bedford County Highway Department is responsible for the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges throughout Bedford County. Currently, there are 685 miles of county roads and 191 bridges.
Download the official list of county-maintained roads.
UPDATE 4/4/22: Bridge work has begun on Zion Hill Road. Removal and replacement of Kellertown Bridge will start this week. Paving will start within two weeks on New Center Church Road and Warner’s Bridge Road.
- Installing driveway culverts
- Cleaning out fence rows on county right-of-ways
- Mowing right-of-ways
- Providing adequate signage (stop signs, road signs, etc.)
- Picking up litter on right-of-ways (inmate labor
- Aiding other governmental entities in projects pertaining to our office
- The Highway Department is pleased to also give advice to property owners pertaining to drainage issues, paving of driveways, etc.
See our calendar page for office closures.